Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/04/09 16:12:50 UTC

Handling versions for our skins

Hi

I'm preparing to release a new version of maven-stylus-skin. I'd
therefor like your opinions on how we should handle versions for our skins.

The only real change in maven-stylus-skin is the addition of a couple of
missing images. The current version is 1.1-SNAPSHOT. I'd like to make it
a 1.0.1 release, as I consider this a patch release.

The other skins have different current versions, so I assume the plan is
to release skins independently of one another. I'm fine with this.

However, when I look in JIRA, there is only one project for skins.
Seeing as there is only two issues so far, I don't think it's a good
idea to make a separate project for each skin. To handle releases in
JIRA I propose that we add versions connected to each skin like this:

- application-1.0
- classic-1.0
- default-1.0
- stylus-1.0