Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Linda Rose <li...@cox.net> on 2004/10/28 01:03:19 UTC

changing the look of the online docs created using forrest

I like the look of the documentation here:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html.

However, when I generate my online docs with forrest, the Heading 1, Heading
2, etc, formatting is different. How do I get it to look like the Forrest
online docs.

Thanks,

Linda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linda Rose
Webmaster, Alexandria Digital Library Project
http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu
lrose@alexandria.ucsb.edu
805 893-8902

Re: changing the look of the online docs created using forrest

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Whoops!
>
> On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Clay Leeds wrote:
>
>> On Oct 28, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
>>
>>> Excuse my ignorance, but where do I get different skins, like pelt?
>>> Or if I see a site with a skin I like, can I download it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Linda

Simply change the value of the project.skin property in your projects
forrest.properties file to the name of the skin you want to try.

There is a description of skins and an indication of their name on
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skins.html

Once you have changed this property start forrest as normal, if
necessary Forrest will automatically download the desired skin.

Ross

Re: changing the look of the online docs created using forrest

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Whoops!

On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
>> Excuse my ignorance, but where do I get different skins, like pelt?
>> Or if I see a site with a skin I like, can I download it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Linda
>
> I was expecting to 'help' but 'm not sure I am helping here... Sorry...
>
> I *think* the following are already in your default install of
> Forrest, although this does not appear to be clearly explained.

I meant to indicate that I thought the following skins were installed
'by default' although I don't know if this is true:
- crust
- krysalis-site (deprecated)
- leather-dev (still in development, hence '-dev')
- pelt
- tigris

> (from my forrest.properties[1])

Should be:
(from the Forrest svn
forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/core/fresh-site/forrest.properties[1])

> # Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
> #project.skin=tigris
> #project.skin=pelt
>
> (from my personal forrest.properties--I don't recall how/where I got
> the others, although they're all listed in
> forrestcore/src/core/context/skins/)
> # Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
> #project.skin=tigris
> #project.skin=crust
> project.skin=pelt
> #project.skin=leather-dev
>
> # deprecated skin
> #project.skin=krysalis-site
>
> (NOTE: by removing the "#" in front of '#project.skin=pelt' I have
> chosen 'pelt' as my skin)
>
> Here are some 'tips':
>
> If $FORREST_HOME is set, you should be able to determine the available
> plugins by running /forrest available-plugins/ (without the "/"
> marks). This will give you some ideas of where to look--you'll see
> some 'http://...' items in the output. Unfortunately, none of those
> items in the output actually provide content (let alone a list of
> skins available for download).
>
> The "Skin Packages" page should help ('Documentation' tab => 'Skin
> Packages') but it doesn't do anything other than describing them
> (i.e., no download links):
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skin-package.html
>
> Neither 'Skin Packages' nor "Default skins" appear to explain how (or
> where) to download skins...
>
> Hope this helps you a bit.
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/core/
> fresh-site/forrest.properties?rev=55703&view=markup
>
> Web Maestro Clay
> --
> Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>
> Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <http://www.medata.com/>
> PGP Public Key: <https://mail.medata.com/pgp/cleeds.asc>

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: changing the look of the online docs created using forrest

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
El jue, 28-10-2004 a las 23:22, Clay Leeds escribió:
> On Oct 28, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> > El jue, 28-10-2004 a las 21:14, Clay Leeds escribió:
> >> project.skin=pelt
> >> #project.skin=leather-dev
> >> (NOTE: by removing the "#" in front of '#project.skin=pelt' I have
> >> chosen 'pelt' as my skin)
> >
> > Actually if you have
> > #project.skin=pelt
> > #project.skin=leather-dev
> > you still got pelt as your default skin.
> >
> > thorsten
>
> Right, but that's cheating ;-) pelt is the default skin!

LOL

;-)

thorsten

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.