Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/23 06:18:13 UTC

Maven status

Hi all, I managed to shrink our build.xml about 35% today.  For
everything up to a WAR, now use the Maven script, for you have no choice
anymore.  :)  I have a few loose ends I could clean up further in the
build.xml (moving Cobertura from MVN3 to trunk comes to mind), but we're
basically ready for JP to propagate his Selenium and multi-module design
on trunk (which is good because I could use some time off.)

Question for JP:  We have a lot of JAR-signing stuff remaining in our
build.xml, is what you have on MVN3_Branch good enough to get rid of
it?  (I guess I can leave it in the Ant file and just wait for you to
move the MVN3 stuff to trunk.)

Regards,
Glen

Re: Maven status

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
I haven't requested the CI move to Maven yet (was awaiting responses
from teammates), but will do so now, so we don't keep getting emails
about ant clean dist failing.  That said, the fact we're doing to mvn
clean install on CI shouldn't mean you have rush to merge it all
together as I believe it's OK (?) for mvn clean install to just generate
an unsigned WAR for a few days.  If not, we'll find out, and we'll just
get failure emails on the Ant build for some days (no big deal) until
build@ lets us switch to Maven.

Glen

Re: Maven status

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
OK, shrunk the build.xml another 30% today, along with some associated
code cleanups.  I'm done, it's all yours now for multi-module.   :)

Regards,
Glen (who needs to switch over to other projects for a while)

Re: Maven status

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven status

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.