Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2005/01/16 13:21:21 UTC

SVN Recap (was RE: ASF TODO [short] (was ASF TODO [long]))

Just to recap,

* I'd suggest that the SVN structure represent the subproject/release structure, where the subprojects are

** java/mapper
** java/dao
** java/docs
** java/jpetshore

** cs/mapper
** cs/dao
** cs/docs
** cs/npetshop
** cs/tutorial

** site

  If we later change the release structure, we can change the SVN structure to match, since moving things around in Subversion is cheap.

* I'd suggest that we tag each subproject release before it is rolled. Ideally, the tag should identify exactly what goes into a given subproject release.

* Obviously, I don't care if we keep the tags in subdirectories or in a master directory at the top. My only concern is that it is easy to tag only the resources that pertain to a given release.

* I haven't done any SVN tagging myself, but someone who does said it was easier to create the tags if we we used a

  /$subproject
   ./tag
   ./trunk

  structure.  Of course, it might be just as easy to keep them all at the root. I haven't had a chance to try yet.

* If someone wants to forward this post to a SVN guru, that would work for me :)

It will be a couple of days before the repos are rolled over, and we don't have to start shuffling things around right away, so time is not of the essence.

-Ted.

Re: SVN Recap (was RE: ASF TODO [short] (was ASF TODO [long]))

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Arrgh!   Unfortunately I've just realized that pretty much all of the
binary files are corrupt in the bzip2 archives from SourceForge. Also,
JPetStore 4 is missing from the jpetstore archives...how convenient.
I've emailed the SourceForge team.  If they don't respond VERY
quickly, I'll simply delete all binary files and add them again
(unfortunate, but the source is more important).  This will probably
set us back a day.  So the archives likely won't be ready until
Wednesday.  :-(

What can I say...I won't miss SourceForge!

Cheers,
Clinton

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, easy repository migration, moving and merging is something the
SVN team could have done a little better.

I'm going to try to get the non-ASF stuff out before we migrate.

Cheers,
Clinton

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles Bayon <gi...@laposte.net>.

+1
> * I haven't done any SVN tagging myself, but someone who does said it was
> easier to create the tags if we we used a
>
>   /$subproject
>    ./tag
>    ./trunk
>
>   structure.  Of course, it might be just as easy to keep them all at the
> root. I haven't had a chance to try yet.
I have done a tag for the last .NET release and
it's very easy you can put your tag in any directory (root ou sub).

Posted by Gilles Bayon <gi...@laposte.net>.

False, it's the C# DataAccess 1.5.0 which use C# DataMapper 1.1

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.