Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Samuel García Martínez <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/31 18:08:05 UTC

Using a library from blob-store without "add-runtimelib"

Hi!

I'm wondering if there's any possibility to tell the current collection to
use a library stored in the blobstore using the solrconfig.xml instead of
having to do a /config request.

Same way local filesystem libraries are added in solrconfig, it could exist
for blobstore libraries. Since it's stored as an overlay property and merge
in memory, not loaded until first request I think it's a reasonable
approach or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Re: Using a library from blob-store without "add-runtimelib"

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
you could add an entry to solrconfig.xml

<runtimeLib name="blob-name" version="1"/>

I have not tested it muself, but it should work

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Samuel García Martínez
<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering if there's any possibility to tell the current collection to
> use a library stored in the blobstore using the solrconfig.xml instead of
> having to do a /config request.
>
> Same way local filesystem libraries are added in solrconfig, it could exist
> for blobstore libraries. Since it's stored as an overlay property and merge
> in memory, not loaded until first request I think it's a reasonable
> approach or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks!

Noble Paul