Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by tgb <TB...@SERENA.com> on 2011/08/22 19:17:01 UTC

Re: NullPointerException while deploying WS-BPEL1 project.

This problem is intermittent.  I was able to deploy a set of test BPEL 1.1
processes succesfull many times then last week ODE just stopped being able
to deploy them.  There would still compile successfully but would
consistently fail on deployment with a null pointer error.

I tried re-instaillaing Tomcat 7.0.10 and ODE 1.3.5 from scratch but the
problem persisted so I resorted to debugging it and found it was the the
same problem that Yuri describes below.   I created a fix that avoids the
problem (check for null) but I do not understand why the problem is
intermittent or why BPEL 1.1 deployment ever worked.  I will submit a JIRA
and attach my fix.

Tim