Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Gary Webster <we...@lexmark.com> on 2012/07/30 18:41:46 UTC

[jackrabbit.users] runaway Postgres ws_bundle Toast table

Hello.

I am currently experiencing a horrible issue, using Jackrabbit clustering
with PostgreSQL as the Persistence Manager.

This particular table (ws_bundle) grows ~10GB/hr !  My entire DB, for
multiple apps, including the rest of the repository DB, is <1GB.
This table is even bigger than the data store!

I enabled query/statement logging in Postgres.  The log went to 1GB in just
a couple minutes!
It is dominated by this one statement, which occurs every ~2 sec:
"update WS_BUNDLE set BUNDLE_DATA = $1 where NODE_ID_HI = $2 and NODE_ID_LO
= $3"
Parameter $1 is hex & appears to keep growing exponentially.  The last one
I could catch was over 7million characters long !!
I can't believe that is correct functionality.

Surely, I have something wrong in my Jackrabbit-db configuration.

Thanks for your help.