Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Tom McSherry <to...@anam.com> on 2004/03/16 16:14:36 UTC

apr and aprutil

Hi,

I have installed httpd-2.0.48 on both redhat Linux 9 and Windows 2000
Professional.
I have successfully built Apache server on both platforms and am now trying
to link a filter
I wrote with the apr and aprutil libraries but am unable to find them on
Linux.

When I issue the command "gcc -shared -L$LIB -lapr -laprutil filter.o -o
filter.so"
what path(s) should be included in $LIB?

Thanks
Tom

RE: apr and aprutil

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:16 PM +0000 Tom McSherry
<to...@anam.com> wrote:

> FYI, the output from apr-config and apu-config seems to be incorrect:
> "-L/usr/local/httpd-2.0.48/srclib/apr -lapr-0" and
> "-L/usr/local/httpd-2.0.48/srclib/apr-util -laprutil-0"
>
> as the libraries are located in a hidden ".libs" directory under
> apr and apr-util.

No.  You haven't installed apr or apr-util.  If you haven't installed it yet,
you need to use --link-libtool (and use libtool to link).  If you've installed
it, --link-ld will work just fine.  -- justin

RE: apr and aprutil

Have a look at the "apr-config" tool. (use --help to see all options)

Type "apr-config --link-ld" - this should solve your problem. :-)

    Klaus

Re: apr and aprutil

Posted by Klaus Keppler <kl...@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de>.