Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Andersen <Ch...@metro1.com> on 2008/11/05 17:33:33 UTC

Problem with Perforce SCM plugin: requires password

I've been using the Perforce SCM plugin for about a year now in our project
and it has worked fine up until today. Now suddenly when I try to do
releases of our project, the SCM plugin fails with the exception:

  "password is required for the perforce scm plugin"

Searching for this online I find that a recent patch to the plugin forces a
password to be set. Here's a link to a post about this:

http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created:-(SCM-415)-1.1-requires-setting-a-Perforce-password-breaking-Perforce-setup-for-external-authentication-td19713201.html

Apparently this problem is recognized and this post contains a patch for it
but I have no way of knowing how to use it. Is there a work-around for this
problem?

This is a serious show-stopper right now. I can't build new releases of our
product until I have a work around for this.

Thanks