Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sub3 <st...@subwest.com> on 2008/02/16 19:39:49 UTC

Help With Virtual Topic

Hi,
I can't seem to get the VirtualTopic working correctly.  I have 1 producer &
2 consumers.  However, each message only ends up getting to 1 of the
receivers.  Can someone tell me if I am setting these up correctly:

Producer:
Destination myQueue = session.createTopic("VirtualTopic.FOO");
producer = session.createProducter(myQueue);

Consumer A:
Destination myQueue = session.createQueue("Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.FOO");
consumer = session.createConsumer(myQueue);

Consumer B:
Destination myQueue = session.createQueue("Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.FOO");
consumer = session.createConsumer(myQueue);

Thanks.

Re: Help With Virtual Topic

Posted by rajdavies <ra...@gmail.com>.

sub3 wrote:

> Hi,
> I can't seem to get the VirtualTopic working correctly.  I have 1 producer
> & 2 consumers.  However, each message only ends up getting to 1 of the
> receivers.  Can someone tell me if I am setting these up correctly:
>
> Producer:
> Destination myQueue = session.createTopic("VirtualTopic.FOO");
> producer = session.createProducter(myQueue);
>
> Consumer A:
> Destination myQueue = session.createQueue("Consumer.A.VirtualTopic.FOO");
> consumer = session.createConsumer(myQueue);
>
> Consumer B:
> Destination myQueue = session.createQueue("Consumer.B.VirtualTopic.FOO");
> consumer = session.createConsumer(myQueue);
>

> Thanks.

This looks ok to me - what's your broker configuration look like ? - AND
which version are you using ?