Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Harpreet S Walia <ha...@sansuisoftware.com> on 2003/04/29 14:28:52 UTC

Index space requirements

Hi,

I have a index which is about 4g.b in size . now if i opmimize this index it seems to take extra space of abt. 2-3g.b during the optimization step. Once this is done the size again comes down.

What i would like to know is weather there is a basis on which i can calculate the amount of space which would be required for optimizing a given index .

Thanks and Regards
Harpreet

Re: Index space requirements

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
The space used doubles during optimization, I believe.

Otis