Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/23 11:22:33 UTC

[DISCUSS][KPIP-6] Introduce Trino frontend

Hi Kyuubi community,

I start this thread to discuss a proposal about introducing the Trino frontend.
Kyuubi now has four frontends: thrift, session rest, batch rest and mysql.
That makes it easy for users to connect to Kyuubi.

Trino is a popular distributed SQL engine for OLAP. It should be valuable
to have another frontend that is compatible with the Trino server. Then people
can use Trino cli or jdbc driver to connect to Kyuubi.

I propose a KPIP, see the proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQBvyrYGo-m845Kg-6jN_0jhBEdDnZ1XMWjQYXnta-I/edit?usp=sharing.

Welcome to join and discuss, any suggestion is appreciated.

Best,
Xiduo

Re: [DISCUSS][KPIP-6] Introduce Trino frontend

Posted by Fei Wang <fe...@apache.org>.
+1, go ahead.

Thanks,
Wang, Fei

Posted by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all. I'm going to send a vote thread.

Fu Chen <cf...@gmail.com> 于2022年11月29日周二 19:36写道:

Posted by Fu Chen <cf...@gmail.com>.
+1. Thank Xiduo to lead this.

Posted by Vino Yang <ya...@gmail.com>.