Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> on 2009/02/09 18:15:38 UTC

Wiki/Webpages

Hi,
    I've been looking at setting up our website and wiki.

The first thing I notice is we don't have a status page from
http://incubator.apache.org/ (Kato isn't listed).
There are instructions here: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html
Shall I go ahead and do this?

I've put some basic content onto the wiki, However, before it be linked
to from the status page, we'll have to export it.
Currently we can edit our wiki here:
    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KATO/

It is being exported to people.apache.org under
/www/confluence-exports/KATO.
Our webpages should live under /www/incubator.apache.org/kato on
people.apache.org where it will be exposed as
    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/kato.html

We should have two sets of files in our website. One will be exported
from the Wiki, the other set will be gotten
from other sources, such as from the build of the API's Javadoc.
The wiki would be copied to a "site" directory, with a top-level
index.html file redirecting to it.
The other files would be checked out into another directory on the same
level as site from subversion.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether or not the exported site from the
wiki should be checked into subversion - the examples I have seen just
rsync.

Anyhow, if this sounds reasonable, shall I proceed?

Regards,
    Stuart

Re: Wiki/Webpages

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Hi,
    I've setup the website as a copy of the exported confluence wiki.

I have a crontab running like so:
    11 * * * * (/usr/local/bin/rsync -r /www/confluence-exports/KATO/*
/www/incubator.apache.org/kato/site)

which produces a website like so:

    [monteith@minotaur ~]$ ls -R /www/incubator.apache.org/kato
    index.html      site

    /www/incubator.apache.org/kato/site:
    index.html      resources

    /www/incubator.apache.org/kato/site/resources:
    space.css

I'm anticipating we'll have non-wiki documentation, specifically, the
Kato API doc for the JSR, as well as downloads. These will
need to be kept in subversion and checked out.

The subversion materials will be properly controlled, i.e. committers
will be tracked against what they check in. However, if the Wiki is to
be exported and packaged up as documentation along with the binaries,
we'll need to make sure that only those who have signed CLAs will be
able to contribute to those parts of the Wiki.

The webpage doesn't appear to be mirrored just yet (14:38 GMT, 16-02-09).

Regards,
    Stuart

Re: Wiki/Webpages

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>   I've updated the status page. It lists our wiki, mailing lists and
> commiters.
> Please post here if I got anything wrong, and I or someone else
> can fix it.

thanks

- robert

Re: Wiki/Webpages