Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/16 17:56:00 UTC

Fire Registry.performRegistryStartup() before putting it into the ServletContext

Wouldn't be better to fire Registry.performRegistryStartup() before
putting it into the ServletContext as an attribute?

Now the registry is putted into the ServletContext as soon as created,
this way if we want to use it inside some "context listeners" we could
a race condition.

What do you think?
Do you like an issue for this one?

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Fire Registry.performRegistryStartup() before putting it into the ServletContext

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds very reasonable to me.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-988

Cheers

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't be better to fire Registry.performRegistryStartup() before
> putting it into the ServletContext as an attribute?
>
> Now the registry is putted into the ServletContext as soon as created,
> this way if we want to use it inside some "context listeners" we could
> a race condition.
>
> What do you think?
> Do you like an issue for this one?
>
> Cheers