Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Janek Kozicki <ja...@wp.pl> on 2006/12/12 18:06:02 UTC

Custom OCR ?

Hello,

I have debian sarge and backported from testing spamassassin 3.1.7

For configuring it, I had only modified
file /etc/default/spamassassin, it has following content:

ENABLED=1
OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -s /var/log/spamd.log"
PIDFILE="/var/run/spamd.pid"
NICE="--nicelevel 15"

I want to try several different OCR programs to filter spam. Let's
say that I have written a script ~/bin/img2txt which takes as single
argument the file containing image and prints to stdout OCRed text.

Can you tell me how to painlessly tell spamassassin to call my script?

The best would be if it was an OPTION, so that I could for example say:

OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir -s /var/log/spamd.log -ocr=/home/janek/bin/img2txt"

Then I will be able to focus my work on the content of ~/img2txt - a
work to experiment with all OCR programs available on the net. And
even experiment with my own neural networks...

Re: Custom OCR ?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 06:06:02PM +0100, Janek Kozicki wrote:
> Can you tell me how to painlessly tell spamassassin to call my script?

Write a plugin.  See something like FuzzyOcr.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
If Major BBS sucked, it would be good for something.