Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Pavan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/16 14:15:15 UTC

Hi

Hi,

I was trying to learn velocity. Your manual is very useful and i like it the
way its been presented.

I have a query for you,

I have an xml for which i am writing a template. I want the name of the
element with out the "<" symbol in the template.
e.g: <sum> how i can write a script in template which takes only sum instead
of <sum>
*sample xml:*
<input>
  <sum>
     <a>10</a>
    <b>20</b>
  </sum>
</input>

i am reading input which is having a dynamic data may be some times <sum>
and some time <helloworld>...etc  I want the sum with out the symbol "<".
Can you pls assist me in this...

Regards,
Pavan

Re: Hi

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
This is NOT a question for the developer's list.  Please ask your
questions on user@velocity.apache.org

p.s.  just do $bracketedSumString.replace('<','')