Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Robert Rodini <rr...@hotmail.com> on 2023/10/02 17:37:03 UTC

extract text from a password protected PDF

Hi,
I have had great success with PDFBOX Extract.  That is until the supplier of the PDF decided to password protect the file from extraction.  Does anyone know of any tools or techniques (e.g. OCR) that might help me extract the text?
Thanks,
Bob R

Re: extract text from a password protected PDF

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Well yes, OCR, obviously.

You could also look at the source code of ExtractText and decide how you
want to handle the permissions 😂

Tilman