Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Maria2009 <ma...@shinoto.de> on 2009/03/11 08:18:23 UTC

text-align "justify" with Japanese fonts

Hello,

converting multilingual documents, I came across another problem with blocks
written in Japanese: they do no not print justified. I tried this with and
without font metrics file.

Does FOP not support justified print in Japanese (and Chinese, Korean?) or
is there something I am doing wrong?

I include a zip-archive with a small dummy text-xml, the fo-file and the PDF
outcome.

Thanks for any help!

Maria
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22449819/Archiv.zip Archiv.zip

Re: text-align "justify" with Japanese fonts

Posted by Maria2009 <ma...@shinoto.de>.
Jeremias, Manuel,

I tried Jeremias' approach, which meant just filling in two more lines into
my stylesheet, and it worked great.

Best,
Maria

Posted by Maria2009 <ma...@shinoto.de>.
Thanks to both of you. Although bad news, it is good to know what is going
and why. I will try the workarounds and report again.

As for Japanese language support -- and Chinese (modern and traditional) and
Korean -- I would be happy to be of assistance. Just ask!

Cheers,
Maria

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.