Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 23:48:35 UTC

[Testing Feature Idea] Automatic Cleanup

Hey Guys,

When I run my tearDown() methods, "Occasionally" something is off in the test and the tearDown() is thus incomplete.  It would be great if there was a trigger or something that could be called on the server which would "Hot" reset it to its fresh install state.  That way if the tearDown failed, this could be used as a last resort.  Does this sound useful?  Should I put feature requests like this straight in JIRA, and then wait for discussion, or is this the preferred way?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: [Testing Feature Idea] Automatic Cleanup

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Yeah - it might be one of those things that are only used by a few developers...maybe just me :-)  Yesterday for instance I was writing to both a hot partition and the schema partition.  If something went wrong I had to go and tearDown everything manually, and this cost me at least a few hours.  I also had to code a manual tear sequence for hot partitions because LS does not see them, and comment out certain areas each time depending on what failed.  Anyways could be I am the only one with this type of tear down scenario, in which case it's trivial.  I think these are behind me for now anyways .... knock on wood.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.