Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richa Pant <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/10 21:51:10 UTC

(new user)Issue with using result of Sql query as parameter to HTTP request

I am a new user to Jmeter.
  I needed to run a SQL query against a database .The result of this query is to be used in another query against different database.
  The result returned from the second query ,I need to pass as a parameter to a HTTP sampler request.
  The flow at run time has to be like as under
  Run Ist Query(against DB1) -> Make second query using result of Ist query( run against DB2-> Run Http request with result of 2nd Query as parameter.

  I am able to connect and run queries against the two databases separately and able to get proper response from hard coded HTTP sampler.I was wondering how to combine it all to be able to get values dynamically at runtime.

  Is there any way of doing the same with Jmeter. I ll really appreciate the response,

  Thanks,
  Richa

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

Re: (new user)Issue with using result of Sql query as parameter to HTTP request

Posted by Richa Pant <ri...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks alot Wade,

  I followed your suggestion. It worked ,

  Thanks Again

Wade Catron <on...@justemail.net> wrote:
  I'm thinking you could use a regular expression extractor (post
processor) on the first db request, which allows you to capture all or
part of the response into a variable. Then use that variable in the
next db request, and again use a regular expression extractor to grab
the results you want, which you can then feed into your HTTP request.

For more info, check the manual:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

Hope this helps!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:51:10 -0800 (PST), "Richa Pant"
said:
> I am a new user to Jmeter.
> I needed to run a SQL query against a database .The result of this
> query is to be used in another query against different database.
> The result returned from the second query ,I need to pass as a
> parameter to a HTTP sampler request.
> The flow at run time has to be like as under
> Run Ist Query(against DB1) -> Make second query using result of Ist
> query( run against DB2-> Run Http request with result of 2nd Query as
> parameter.
>
> I am able to connect and run queries against the two databases
> separately and able to get proper response from hard coded HTTP
> sampler.I was wondering how to combine it all to be able to get values
> dynamically at runtime.
>
> Is there any way of doing the same with Jmeter. I ll really appreciate
> the response,
>
> Thanks,
> Richa
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Mail

love email again

---------------------------------

Posted by Wade Catron <on...@justemail.net>.

<ri...@yahoo.com> said:
> I am a new user to Jmeter.
>   I needed to run a SQL query against a database .The result of this
>   query is to be used in another query against different database.
>   The result returned from the second query ,I need to pass as a
>   parameter to a HTTP sampler request.
>   The flow at run time has to be like as under
>   Run Ist Query(against DB1) -> Make second query using result of Ist
>   query( run against DB2-> Run Http request with result of 2nd Query as
>   parameter.
>
>   I am able to connect and run queries against the two databases
>   separately and able to get proper response from hard coded HTTP
>   sampler.I was wondering how to combine it all to be able to get values
>   dynamically at runtime.
>
>   Is there any way of doing the same with Jmeter. I ll really appreciate
>   the response,
>
>   Thanks,
>   Richa

> Yahoo! Mail
> Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

                          love email again