Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2015/07/01 10:28:45 UTC

Re: Flink 0.9 built with Scala 2.11

(adding dev@ to the conversation)

Chiwan looked into the issue. It seems that we can not add the Scala
version only to flink-scala, flink-streaming-scala, ....
Since flink-runtime also needs scala all modules are affected by this.

I would vote for naming the Scala 2.10 version of flink modules without a
suffix:
flink-java
flink-core
flink-runtime

And for the Scala 2.11 builds:
flink-java_2.11
flink-core_2.11
flink-runtime_2.11

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Just a note that FLINK-2200
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2200> has been resolved.
All flink artifacts are now two times in the maven snapshot repository: one
without a suffix (scala 2.10) and one with a suffix (_2.11 for scala 2.11).
There is also a nightly _2.11 binary release for Flink:
http://stratosphere-bin.s3.amazonaws.com/flink-0.10-SNAPSHOT-bin-hadoop2_2.11.tgz

There is no hadoop1_2.11 artifact. I'm for now assuming that somebody who's
using the latest scala is not using a legacy Hadoop version ;)

I would appreciate some testing from users who requested this feature to
make sure everything is working as expected for the next major release.
We need to make sure that no 2.10 dependency is coming in anywhere and that
Flink with Scala 2.11 is working properly.

Posted by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Alexandrov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.