Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com> on 2009/10/09 16:07:20 UTC

Impossible to resolve dependencies in local repository

Hi ivy users,

I'm a new ivy user come from maven land. I'm trying out IvyDE in
EclipseIDE and I found that IvyDE classpath container cannot resolve
some of my project dependencies that I manually installed in the local
ivy repository.

The ant build resolve those dependencies fine, it just fails with IvyDE
classpath container resolve operation.

Impossible to resolve dependencies of #test_jetty;working@AG4L7S481

  unresolved dependency: org.openqa#selenium-server;1.0.1: not found

  unresolved dependency: org.openqa#selenium-java-client-driver;1.0.1:
not found

The local repository dependencies were added in the usual fashion in
ivy.xml:

<dependency org="org.openqa" name="selenium-server" rev="1.0.1" />

<dependency org="org.openqa" name="selenium-java-client-driver"
rev="1.0.1" />

I tried with resolve dependencies in workspace option enabled/disabled
and it failed in both cases.

Is this an IvyDE bug?

Versions used:

Ivy 2.1.0-rc2 (20090704004254) -- IvyDE 2.0.0.final-200907011148-RELEASE

Thanks for any pointers,

Guillaume Jeudy - Java developer
Java and Open Source Application Development - Montreal Solutions Centre
1801, McGill College Avenue, Suite 1100
Montreal, QC, H3A 2N4

gjeudy@teksystems.com
W: +1-514-840-6329           F: +1-514-840-6241

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

RE: Impossible to resolve dependencies in local repository

Posted by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com>.
Hi Troy,

Thanks for helping out. I was using default ivysettings.xml in both
cases.

I tried your test with commons-lang and it turns out that IvyDE can't
resolve the lib from local repository either. This really looks like an
IvyDE bug to me.

Can an IvyDE developer confirm? I can submit a JIRA if needed.

Regards,
-Guillaume

Posted by Troy Self <ts...@bbn.com>.
Hi Guilluame,

Posted by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com>.
Tobias,

The files that IvyDE can't resolve are located on my local hard-drive under the default Ivy local repository: ${ivy.default.ivy.user.dir}/local.

These same files are successfully resolved when running ivy from ant.

Therefore I don't think setting up a proxy config would help in any cases.

Thanks,
-Guillaume

Could it be an issue with your proxy configuration? I had a similar problem, but the other way around. IvyDE resolved dependencies, the ant task did not until I added the proxy to the runtime arguments of the ant task.

Tobias

AW: Impossible to resolve dependencies in local repository

Posted by Tobias Hilka <th...@vps.de>.