Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Annette Newton <an...@servicetick.com> on 2012/12/04 13:37:25 UTC

Replication error and Shard Inconsistencies..

Hi all,

I have a quite weird issue with Solr cloud.  I have a 4 shard, 2 replica
setup, yesterday one of the nodes lost communication with the cloud setup,
which resulted in it trying to run replication, this failed, which has left
me with a Shard (Shard 4) that has one node with 2,833,940 documents on the
leader and 409,837 on the follower - obviously a big discrepancy and this
leads to queries returning differing results depending on which of these
nodes it gets the data from.  There is no indication of a problem on the
admin site other than the big discrepancy in the number of documents.  They
are all marked as active etc.

So I thought that I would force replication to happen again, by stopping and
starting solr (probably the wrong thing to do) but this resulted in no
change.  So I turned off that node and replaced it with a new one.  In
zookeeper live nodes doesn't list that machine but it is still being shown
as active on in the ClusterState.json, I have attached images showing this.
This means the new node hasn't replaced the old node but is now a replica on
Shard 1!  Also that node doesn't appear to have replicated Shard 1's data
anyway, it didn't get marked with replicating or anything.

How do I clear the zookeeper state without taking down the entire solr cloud
setup?  How do I force a node to replicate from the others in the shard?

Thanks in advance.

Annette Newton

RE: FW: Replication error and Shard Inconsistencies..

Posted by Annette Newton <an...@servicetick.com>.
Hi,

The file descriptor count is always quite low..  At the moment after heavy usage for a few days file descriptor counts are between 100-150 and I don't have any errors in the logs.  My worry at the moment is around all the CLOSE_WAIT connections I am seeing.  This is particularly true on the boxes marked as leaders, the replicas have a few but nowhere near as many.

Thanks for the response.

Posted by Andre Bois-Crettez <an...@kelkoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Annette,