Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 07:51:56 UTC

Re: Tomahawk Maven2 oddity: 1.1.3 requires Shale and Struts1.2.8. Why?

On 6/29/06, David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I just added Tomahawk 1.1.3 to my Maven2 build with:
>
> <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk</groupId>
>         <artifactId>tomahawk</artifactId>
>         <version>1.1.3</version>
> </dependency>
>
> And it suddenly added Struts-1.2.8 to my .war file.  The tomahawk-1.1.3.pom
> file lists Struts like so:
>
> <dependency>
>         <groupId>struts</groupId>
>         <artifactId>struts</artifactId>
>         <version>1.2.8</version>
>         <scope>compile</scope>
> </dependency>
>
> What kind of dependency is that?  I couldn't find anything in the Wiki about
> it as some kind of Tomahawk 1.1.3 upgrade dependencies.

Thanks for reporting this.  It's fixed on the 1.1.4 branch by marking
the Struts dependency 'optional'.
  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-517

> I can understand
> Shale for the "test" segment but it is ALSO getting packaged by Maven2 in my
> .war file:
>
> <dependency>
>         <groupId>org.apache.struts.shale</groupId>
>         <artifactId>shale-test</artifactId>
>         <version>1.0.2</version>
>         <scope>test</scope>
> </dependency>

Is this still happening after 'mvn clean' ?  'mvn package -X' will
show you the dependency graph.  With shale-test in tes scope, Maven
should not be including it in the webapp.

Wendy