Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Amol S - iProgrammer <am...@iprogrammer.com> on 2018/07/05 12:38:43 UTC

Flink Kafka TimeoutException

Hello,

I am using flink with kafka and getting below exception.

org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for
helloworld.t-7: 30525 ms has passed since last append

*Amol Suryawanshi*
Java Developer
amols@iprogrammer.com

*iProgrammer Solutions Pvt. Ltd.*

*Office 103, 104, 1st Floor Pride Portal,Shivaji Housing Society,
Bahiratwadi,Near Hotel JW Marriott, Off Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411016,
MH, INDIA.**Phone: +91 9689077510 | Skype: amols_iprogrammer*
www.iprogrammer.com <sa...@iprogrammer.com>

Re: Flink Kafka TimeoutException

Posted by ashish pok <as...@yahoo.com>.
Our experience on this has been that if Kafka cluster is healthy, JVM resource contentions on our Flink app caused by high heap utilization and there by lost CPU cycles on GC also did result in this issue. Getting basic JVM metrics like CPU load, GC times and Heap Util from your app (we use Graphite reporter) might  help point out if you have same issue.

- Ashish

On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:46 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you tried increasing the request.timeout.ms parameter (Kafka) ?
Which Flink / Kafka release are you using ?
Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.