Posted to user@ant.apache.org by S I <xi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/23 06:18:47 UTC

Padding Ant statements with extra for aesthetic reasons only

Hi

I really don't like statements wrapping around and making my Ant scripts
appear so unruly & unformatted. Of course, I tried to insert couple of
return carriages/Enters into some of my statements (targets, task etc) and
naturally the test failed to NO surprise.

Is there any way like Java or Unix or Perl I can use \\ to arrange my lines
the way I want to and not the way the documents dictates?  I don't believe
such thing exists but worth asking on this forum anyway.

Thanks

Steven