Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Mischa <ya...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/27 22:58:53 UTC

xtags can't handle soap response

Hi,
I want to process a soap response with a jsp. Therefore I used the taglibs
io and xtags from jakarta. Although the doucumentation of xtags says that
the processing of the output of SOAP-RPC is no problem, my
browser throws the message:

XML Parsing Error:
xml processing instruction not at start of external entity...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^

Has anybody tried the same or knows what went wrong???
I seems that xpath that is used by xtags has a problem to parse the xml.
But without the xtag elememt the browser displays the XML-SOAP-Response
without any probs.

Thanx,
Mischa

Re: xtags can't handle soap response

Posted by Peter Lin <tc...@yahoo.com>.
you should try JSTL instead of XTags.  I've
successfully used JSTL to parse XML that uses UTF-8
encoding.

peter