Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by niranjan maturi <nm...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/22 00:54:35 UTC

Struts Action Servlet loading problem

Hi all,

I wrote a simple struts application and when I try to
deploy in weblogic 8.1, it gives the following error:
"Servlet class org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
for servlet ActionServlet could not be handled by the
classloader with classpath: ". At the end it printed
out the big classpath string which does have the
struts.jar. Its just named differently as:
struts9165.jar.

Could you anybody let me know why this is happening?

This is my web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
  PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web
Application 2.3//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<web-app>

	<!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>ActionServlet</servlet-name>

		<init-param>
            <param-name>config</param-name>

        </init-param>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>mapping</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping</param-value>
		</init-param>

		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

	<!-- Action Servlet Mapping -->
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>ActionServlet</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Thanks
Niranjan Maturi

Re: Struts Action Servlet loading problem

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
This is a question for the Struts User list. The Struts Dev list is for
discussion of the development of Struts itself.

My first guess would be that you are not putting all of your application's
jar files in your WEB-INF/lib directory. If that doesn't solve your problem,
please ask on the User list.

--
Martin Cooper