Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Piotr Bzdyl <pi...@bzdyl.net> on 2005/12/05 00:14:40 UTC

[m2] optional transitive dependencies includes/excludes

Hello,

I found few posts and issues in JIRA about including and excluding
transitive optional dependencies. What is the current implementation of
this functionality?

As I understand from the above resources I have to use only exclusions
element in my pom. Why did you decline to introduce inclusions to the
pom? I think that it is much more convinient to care about transitive
optional dependencies which I know I need (so I include them as
includes) then looking what new was added and if I should exclude it.

Best regards,
Piotrek