Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net> on 2003/12/31 00:47:40 UTC

Mailinglists

I can't find an overview of existing mailinglists on the Incubator pages. Do
we already have something like the old spamassassin-commits@sf.net
mailinglist?

There's also no pointer to any archives, including the Incubator
mailinglists themselves. For the latter I finally found out that they're
accessible via GMANE :)

While speaking about GMANE: We should not forget to update the feed to there
and MARC and wherever the SA mailinglist was archived, too.

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday 31 December 2003 10:02 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> Thx.  If there are any more updates, let me know ;).

I forgot news.spamassassin.org, dunno how that fits into that scheme.

> Regarding the wiki, can we consolidate that with the wiki installation
> at the ASF (http://wiki.apache.org/)?

I personally don't care, let's see what the others think about it :)

Cheers,
Malte

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 01:15, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 December 2003 00:50 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> > I probably need to read a doc, since the spamassassin status page is
> > still missing from the incubator site.  FWIW, you can look at that
> > by doing:
> >
> > $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co incubator
> > $ cd incubator/site/projects
> >
> > view spamassassin.cwiki
>
> Ah. See the attachment for some updates.

Thx.  If there are any more updates, let me know ;).
Keep an eye on this page, update it when appropiate.  This is key in
leaving the Incubator.

Regarding the wiki, can we consolidate that with the wiki installation
at the ASF (http://wiki.apache.org/)?

Sander

Re: Mailinglists

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday 31 December 2003 00:50 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> I probably need to read a doc, since the spamassassin status page is
> still missing from the incubator site.  FWIW, you can look at that
> by doing:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co incubator
> $ cd incubator/site/projects
>
> view spamassassin.cwiki

Ah. See the attachment for some updates.

> > Do we already have something like the old spamassassin-commits@sf.net
> > mailinglist?
>
> Yes, spamassassin-cvs@incubator.apache.org.  [...]

*grumpf* Too obvious for me ;-)

Cheers,
Malte

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 00:47, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> I can't find an overview of existing mailinglists on the Incubator pages.

I probably need to read a doc, since the spamassassin status page is
still missing from the incubator site.  FWIW, you can look at that
by doing:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co incubator
$ cd incubator/site/projects

view spamassassin.cwiki

> Do we already have something like the old spamassassin-commits@sf.net
> mailinglist?

Yes, spamassassin-cvs@incubator.apache.org.  A bit of a misnomer, but
hey (something we need to fix at the infrastructure level).  Note that
the repository needs to be moved from test/ to the real repository
first.  Greg, want to take care of this?

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/

Re: Mailinglists

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 13:18, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 December 2003 09:48 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 03:42, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > > Can't the old list of subscribers just copied over and everybody who's
> > > been subscribed to the SF.net lists be moved to the new list? Hmmm...
> > > that wouldn't be very nice to the Filters I guess...
> >
> > We can do that.  However, we prefer that users subscribe to the new
> > lists themselves.
>
> Yeah, makes sense. But if (when :) we move out of the incubator, will all
> those users have to subscribe to new lists again?

No.  We rename the lists at that point, so the subscribers don't change.

> > > And do we have somehere something like a list admin interface?
> >
> > Other than the mail interface, there is infrastructure@ to take care of
> > requests.  I'm currently the appointed moderator for the SA lists.
> > Volunteers to take that? :)
>
> Sorry, I'd be pretty bad list admin; I tend to forget about requests (mail
> in general), answering them with a month delay or so :)

In which case the moderation requests have timed out...

Sander

Re: Mailinglists

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.