Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michel de Groot <rm...@oce.nl> on 2004/06/04 10:34:25 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.25 on IBM J9 1.3.0 jclMax

I would like to run Tomcat 5.0.25 on IBM J9 1.3.0 jclMax. J9 is a Java
virtual machine for embedded use. The 1.3.0 jclMax libraries are a
compatible subset of J2SE 1.3.0. I think the subset is sufficient for Tomcat
(java.beans excepted).

However, Tomcat fails with the exception (startup.bat):
java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:54)
        at
java.util.AbstractList$SimpleListIterator.next(AbstractList.java:37)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.explore(URLClassLoader.java:1079)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClassImpl(URLClassLoader.java)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:167
)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:551)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:485)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:820)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:721)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:803)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:721)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:399)

On Sun JRE 1.3.0 Tomcat fails with a NoClassDefFoundError (somehow all jars
in common/endorsed, server/lib, common/lib are not in the classpath). On Sun
JRE 1.3.1, everything works fine. On the Tomcat website it is written that
Tomcat should work with any 1.2+ JRE. I checked Google and this mailing
list, but cannot find any information on the subject.

Can anyone explain what may be wrong and what I can do to fix the problem?
Changing the VM is not an option in my case.

Regards,
Michel de Groot