Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gerard Isdell <ge...@kinetic.co.uk> on 2004/07/12 12:03:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Increase the children

HI there. Someone in a message a couple of months ago suggested I "increase
the number of children" in  my apache config.

The reason was that a large number of users were accessing the site with
lots of images on each page createing a large number of simultaneous
requests. As a result some users were not seeing the image (304s showed in
the error log)

My error logs also show that I should increase the value of MAX CLIENTS

My question is 'How do I increase the number of children"

Thanks

Gerard

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender immediately and do not use, store or disclose their contents.
Any views expressed are those of the individual sender and not of Kinetic
Information System Services Limited unless otherwise stated.

                           www.kinetic.co.uk