Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Isaac S." <is...@netvision.net.il> on 2002/03/11 17:10:21 UTC

Re: xercesimpl.jar file size different in Xalan 2.3.1 & Xerces 2.0.1 --- whichto use?

... so in some cases, we won't be able to use the newest Xalan and the
newset Xerces both in the same project?

    - Isaac

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
"Isaac S." wrote:
> ... so in some cases, we won't be able to use the newest Xalan and the
> newset Xerces both in the same project?

If Xalan continues to rely on Xerces-only API for performance
reasons *and* those interfaces change, then you *might* have
problems using the latest Xerces with a version of Xalan that
was built with a specific version of Xerces. I can't be any
more vague than that. ;)

Try it and see how it works. If you get class not defined
or other byte-code related exceptions when running your app,
then the two versions are not compatible.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org