Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/04 16:12:03 UTC

IPMC graduation vote started

Dear NuttX community,

The IPMC [VOTE] thread to graduate NuttX to TLP has started at:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/y4fkgpc05nhb1v8hp0rbpmjq06vz629b

Please feel free to express your support by participating! Even if
you're not a member of the IPMC and the vote is non-binding (please
say so with your vote) please vote anyway, since it shows interest in
the project and helps keep the graduation thread active.

Wish us luck!

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: IPMC graduation vote started

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
Thanks Nathan :-) Will search for header modification with message-id in
gmail options :-)

For now I have just subscribed and replied +1 to Your message, I hope that
counts :-) :-)

Re: IPMC graduation vote started

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 6:59 AM Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 4:57 AM Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM Nathan Hartman wrote:
>> > Dear NuttX community,
>> > The IPMC [VOTE] thread to graduate NuttX to TLP has started at:
>> > https://lists.apache.org/thread/y4fkgpc05nhb1v8hp0rbpmjq06vz629b
>>
>> Hey there Nathan!
>>
>> Sorry for the delay I am moving locations with all my lab stuff o_O
>>
>> How can I reply +1 to that list that I am not subscribed to?
>>
>> I can either subscribe to the list but then I need to have at least
>> one message I can reply to.
>>
>> Or I can login to the web interface and reply over the www.. but I
>> need some soft of ASF OAuth ID how can I get one?
>>
>> Tomek
>>
>> --
>> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>>

> Hello Tomek,
>
> Yes, it is possible to reply and have it show up as a reply in the
> archives, properly included in the mail thread.
>
> I've gotten this question a few times before.
>
> It requires two things:
>
> (1) that you have the Message-ID of the email you want to reply to. That
> is part of the email headers.
>
> (2) that your email client lets you add a custom email header, in this
> case, In-Reply-To.

I forgot to say: you don't have to be subscribed to the list! Just emailing
the list, with the correct In-Reply-To, should be enough.

Good luck with your move!!

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 4:57 AM Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM Nathan Hartman wrote:
> > Dear NuttX community,
> > The IPMC [VOTE] thread to graduate NuttX to TLP has started at:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread/y4fkgpc05nhb1v8hp0rbpmjq06vz629b
>
> Hey there Nathan!
>
> Sorry for the delay I am moving locations with all my lab stuff o_O
>
> How can I reply +1 to that list that I am not subscribed to?
>
> I can either subscribe to the list but then I need to have at least
> one message I can reply to.
>
> Or I can login to the web interface and reply over the www.. but I
> need some soft of ASF OAuth ID how can I get one?
>
> Tomek
>
> --
> CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info

Hello Tomek,

Yes, it is possible to reply and have it show up as a reply in the
archives, properly included in the mail thread.

I've gotten this question a few times before.

It requires two things:

(1) that you have the Message-ID of the email you want to reply to. That is
part of the email headers.

(2) that your email client lets you add a custom email header, in this
case, In-Reply-To.

You can find the Message-ID by going to lists.apache.org, finding the email
in question, and clicking one of the three icons at the bottom of it that
shows the raw message. Then find Message-ID and copy that value.

Once you have this value, compose your reply and add the custom email
header In-Reply-To with the copied Message-ID.

See this StackExchange answer:
https://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/23197/reply-to-mailman-archived-message

Hope that helps!

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.