Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/09/18 20:50:23 UTC

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FunctionQuery" by YonikSeeley

: The comment on the change is:
: overhaul + document new functions

Shouldn't the majority of this documentation go in the javadocs?  The wiki
can always point at the javadocs, but as a part of the release the java
docs should really standalone without needing to point to the wiki.

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FunctionQuery" by YonikSeeley

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I suppose, but there really was no "function query parser" class where
: everything could be aggregated.  package javadoc? or on FunctionQuery?

I've been trying to keep QueryParsing#parseFunction up to date, since it's
what actually does the parsing (keep the docs close to the code) but
package javadoc would also make sense.

Given that desire to make the parser more configurable at run time, it
might make sense to go ahead and create a FunctionQueryParser class,
refactor all the code in QueryParsing#parseFunction into it, and put the
docs there.

-Hoss

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "FunctionQuery" by YonikSeeley

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 9/18/07, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:
> : The comment on the change is:
> : overhaul + document new functions
>
> Shouldn't the majority of this documentation go in the javadocs?  The wiki
> can always point at the javadocs, but as a part of the release the java
> docs should really standalone without needing to point to the wiki.

I suppose, but there really was no "function query parser" class where
everything could be aggregated.  package javadoc? or on FunctionQuery?

-Yonik