Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Giuseppe De Marco <pe...@yahoo.it> on 2011/01/20 15:54:59 UTC

new HttpPost(post_url); fails inside an web applet

who can tell me why if I use HttpPost and HttpGet inside a webapplet theese
works only if the post/get_url is different from the server that has given me
the applet?

If in a java webapplet I launch a procedure to connect to site (GET), or upload
something to it (POST) everything works fine but If I do requests to the same
Hostname/IP of the Originary WebServer Why HttpClient goes in deadlock?

No exceptions, no messages, and no connections to Server.

someone could tell me If SocketInputBuffer.class implicates something important
in this Matter ?

Please, I'm not a Java programmer and the last thing I want is to Hate it :)
giuseppe

Re: new HttpPost(post_url); fails inside an web applet

Posted by Giuseppe De Marco <pe...@yahoo.it>.
In previous tests I found the run conditions for my problem.

I decoupled the plugin of imageJ, where the HttpClient (post method) works, from
the dinamic content of my MVT to a WebServer CGI.

Probably, that matters, was caused by the django debug WSGI server, where I
debugged all but this.

When I'll implement the production server I'll get confirmation of this.

Thank you Oleg for support
giuseppe

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 14:54 +0000, Giuseppe De Marco wrote:
> who can tell me why if I use HttpPost and HttpGet inside a webapplet theese
> works only if the post/get_url is different from the server that has given me
> the applet?
>
> If in a java webapplet I launch a procedure to connect to site (GET), or upload
> something to it (POST) everything works fine but If I do requests to the same
> Hostname/IP of the Originary WebServer Why HttpClient goes in deadlock?

What makes you think this has anything to do with HttpClient and not
with your execution environment?

> No exceptions, no messages, and no connections to Server.

A thread dump might help to see where exactly things get stuck.

> someone could tell me If SocketInputBuffer.class implicates something important
> in this Matter ?

Most likely there connection is blocked in an read operation waiting for
data to become available.

> Please, I'm not a Java programmer and the last thing I want is to Hate it :)
> giuseppe

Software development is like marriage, something you want to love but
cannot help hating.

Oleg