Posted to users@felix.apache.org by mv...@comcast.net on 2010/09/03 21:00:06 UTC

Javax libraries not importing from Karaf

Gents,

Currently we use a number of the JDK 6 and J2EE 6 javax packages.  In the bundles where these are used I am doing this:

<Import-Package>

   javax.mail.*,

   javax.activation.*

</Import-Package

My assumption was that if a javax package is in JDK 6 or J2EE 6, Karaf would be able to resolve these.  However, it now appears Karaf cannot.  Could someone provide me with instructions on how to get Karaf to recognize JDK 6 and J2EE 6 javax packages without creating a bundle of JDK 6 and J2EE 6 and deploying them also within Karaf?

v/r,

Mike Van

Re: Javax libraries not importing from Karaf

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Or in etc/config.properties, comment the
org.osgi.framework.system.packages property and update the following
property

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra= \
 org.osgi.framework; version=1.5.0, \
 org.osgi.framework.launch; version=1.0.0, \
 org.osgi.framework.hooks.service; version=1.0.0, \
 org.osgi.service.packageadmin; version=1.2.0, \
 org.osgi.service.startlevel; version=1.1.0, \
 org.osgi.service.url; version=1.0.0, \
 org.osgi.util.tracker; version=1.4.0, \
 org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot; version=2.0.0, \
 org.apache.karaf.version; version=2.0.0

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 21:10, Andreas Kollegger
<ak...@tembopublic.org> wrote:
> You can modify the set of packages exported by the platform for Java6 by editing the list in etc/config.properties .
>
> Best,
> Andreas
>
> On Sep 3, 2010, at 9:00 PM, mvangeertruy@comcast.net wrote:
>

>> Gents,
>>

>> Currently we use a number of the JDK 6 and J2EE 6 javax packages.  In the bundles where these are used I am doing this:
>>

>> <Import-Package>
>>
>>    javax.mail.*,
>>
>>    javax.activation.*
>>
>> </Import-Package
>>

>> My assumption was that if a javax package is in JDK 6 or J2EE 6, Karaf would be able to resolve these.  However, it now appears Karaf cannot.  Could someone provide me with instructions on how to get Karaf to recognize JDK 6 and J2EE 6 javax packages without creating a bundle of JDK 6 and J2EE 6 and deploying them also within Karaf?
>>

>> v/r,
>>

>> Mike Van

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Javax libraries not importing from Karaf

Posted by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org>.