Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> on 2008/02/13 12:17:49 UTC

Dependencies in builds

I have an SOA project which is deployed in three chunks:

* GUI
* Services
* BPEL's

I therefore have three Continuum Shell projects, each of which uses a .BAT
file to call an ANT build.xml file to build and deploy the relevant chunk.
At present all my builds are manually triggered, on demand, but I would like
to implement scheduled builds.

However, if GUI fails, I don't want to deploy Services and/or BPEL's, and if
Services fails, I don't want to deploy BPEL's.  How do I control this
dependency?

Re: Dependencies in builds

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

> "it will be probably in a future version" - can you be more specific?

I don't think we'll can add it before the next major version 2.x. I don't
have a date for the release.

Emmanuel

Re: Dependencies in builds

Posted by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk>.
Thanks, Emmanuel, I kind of guessed this was the case.

"it will be probably in a future version" - can you be more specific?

Re: Dependencies in builds

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Actually, it isn't possible to add some "build rules", it will be probably
in a future version.

A workaround for your issue would be to create only one shell project that
will run your 3 builds with a check of the result of each.

Emmanuel