Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@physics.org> on 2021/05/04 23:17:41 UTC

Hints for developing with Django

Hi,

While Django is known for excellent documentation, I thought I should add a page to our wiki to give some kind of hints around how to set up for going through the Django tutorial including a bit of working with Poetry as the python dependency manager.

The page can be found at https://live.bloodhound.apache.org/bloodhound/products/BHD/wiki/Experiments/GettingStartedWithPoetryAndDjango

I hope that this page will evolve a bit, potentially altering the starting point to be a git clone of some sort to drop some of the initial poetry setup work that needs to be followed. The bloodhound-core repo could be used for this although it would naturally have more dependencies specified than strictly required for this purpose. A dedicated branch may suffice of course.

Cheers,
    Gary

Re: Hints for developing with Django

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@physics.org>.
On Wed, 5 May 2021, at 12:17 AM, Gary Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While Django is known for excellent documentation, I thought I should
> add a page to our wiki to give some kind of hints around how to set up
> for going through the Django tutorial including a bit of working with
> Poetry as the python dependency manager.
>
> The page can be found at
> https://live.bloodhound.apache.org/bloodhound/products/BHD/wiki/Experiments/GettingStartedWithPoetryAndDjango
>
> I hope that this page will evolve a bit, potentially altering the
> starting point to be a git clone of some sort to drop some of the
> initial poetry setup work that needs to be followed. The
> bloodhound-core repo could be used for this although it would naturally
> have more dependencies specified than strictly required for this
> purpose. A dedicated branch may suffice of course.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

I meant to add that it may be helpful to have more guides like this on the assumption that we need something similar for our choices of JS frontend libraries.

I am trying my best not to be too opinionated early on with what I think that library should be! I look forward to discussions on this :)

Cheers,
    Gary