Posted to user@hive.apache.org by as...@wipro.com on 2012/10/15 15:19:50 UTC

got exception trying to get groups for user

Hello Hive,

please find below error from JT log.All of my queries are stuck in 100% 33% or 0% 0%.Any help ll be appreciated.

got exception trying to get groups for user XXXXXX
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException: id: XXXXXX: No such user

at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:261)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:188)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:381)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:467)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.execCommand(Shell.java:450)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.getUnixGroups(ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.java:86)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.getGroups(ShellBasedUnixGroupsMapping.java:55)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.getGroups(Groups.java:88)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getGroupNames(UserGroupInformation.java:1116)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobInProgress.<init>(JobInProgress.java:427)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker.submitJob(JobTracker.java:3779)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server$WritableRpcInvoker.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:498)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1692)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1688)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1232)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1686)
View Details snshadoopjt.softnets.com WARN October 15 2012 6:23 AM UserGroupInformation
No groups available for user XXXXXX

www.wipro.com

Re: got exception trying to get groups for user

Posted by Morris Bernstein <mo...@systems-deployment.com>.
Since nobody seems to have answered yet, I'm going to take a stab...

Reading the traceback, it looks like you're getting group info for a user
"XXXXXX" by making a call to an external program via the runShellCommand()
library function.  This runs an external program as if it was typed at the
command line (shell).

Programs under Unix(-like) systems return an exit status.  Zero means
success, non-zero means some kind of failure.  Your program checks the exit
status.  If the external program fails, runShellCommand() raises
ExitCodeException.  Your external get-group-info command fails when you're
trying to get group info for an imaginary user (you need to multiply
imaginary users by the square root of -1 to make them real).

No such user "XXXXXX" causes the exception to be raised.  You need to catch
the exception and handle it.

More likely, you probably just need to update your configuration file to
set the user to something other than "XXXXXX".

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.22.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/Shell.ShellCommandExecutor.html

HTH,

Morris

--