Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/20 13:48:02 UTC

Regarding cpu and ram overcommit.

The cpu and ram overcommit feature depends on availability hypervisor  specific features like DMC in case of xenserver.
The availability of these features depends on the type of licenses that are being used.  Enabling  these features requires changing the license
and i think should be done by admin.

So should we check for these dependencies when using the overcommit feature  or document all the prerequisites and leave it to the admin.

Re: Regarding cpu and ram overcommit.

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
Bharat,
  We should document that it is admins responsibility to check if the
underlying Hvs have capability to support overcommit before using the
overcommit provided by CS.

-abhi

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.