Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/21 03:56:39 UTC

A problem with Aegis files: no namespace

Aegis files typically have no namespace on the top element.

That makes them hard to validate automatically. The
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation inside the file can be used to connect
them to a schema, but I have yet to discover a way to make the JAXP
(stock JDK) parser play along with this. Xerces has a parser-specific
property.

We obviously can't go telling everyone to start declaring a namespace on
the top element, so I'm continuing to look for some other solution.

Maybe relax-ng wasn't such a dumb idea to begin with?

Re: Java2WS maven plugin and maven dependency

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
Sorry , click the send too fast :

*I will try out to see if moving the code generation from testutils to
rt/frontend. will help .

Jim Ma wrote:
> Thanks ,James .
>
> I think creating a test module for java2ws will not help . Java2ws
> tool supports spring configuration and depends on
> the rt-frontend-simple .Introducing rt-frontend-simple  will cause the
> cyclic dependency .
>
> I will try out to see if moving the code generation from testutils to
> rt/frontend.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jim
>

> James Mao wrote:
>> It's a problem of Maven.
>>
>> To separate the project can solve the problem. we can push it to the
>> maven plugin repo, maybe?
>>
>> But you will have the versioning problem, right?
>> Besides, the plugin depends on cxf tools which depends on cxf rt,
>> which in trun depends on the plugin (mostly for the tests),  you
>> still have the cyclic dependency problem.
>> it's an egg chicken problem :(
>>
>> You probably need create a test module.
>>
>> As we discussed before, we should take some time to move the codegen
>> in the testutils to the rt/frontend, maybe solve the problem.
>>
>> James
>>
>>> Hi all ,
>>>
>>> I ran into a maven cyclic dependency  problem  when I added maven
>>> Java2WS plugin to CXF.
>>>
>>> The below message is the  maven spit out when I execute mvn install
>>> under trunk :
>>>
>>> [INFO] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge
>>> between 'Vertex{label='org.apache.cxf:cxf-codegen-plugin'}' and
>>> 'Vertex{label='org
>>> .apache.cxf:cxf-tools-java2ws'}' introduces to cycle in the graph
>>> org.apache.cxf:cxf-tools-java2ws -->
>>> org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-frontend-simple --> org.a
>>> pache.cxf:cxf-rt-bindings-xml -->
>>> org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb -->

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
Thanks ,James .

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
It's a problem of Maven.

RE: A problem with Aegis files: no namespace

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
The good news is that I figure out how to get past this. The bad news is
that the schema file we have is quite incomplete, lacking all evidence
of the 'method' element.