Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Robert A Bautista F <cl...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/29 17:54:57 UTC

UIMA Question

Hi apache support,

I'm a UIMA beginer and I'm trying to use UIMA for a project,

I downloaded your mannuals and I read your examples, but

I have a big doubt, I saw you run your examples with Eclipse

and an Eclipse plugin, in my case I'm working on NetBeans

and I couldn't run your examples, and I have done some

'annotators test' but doesn't work...

Is possible work UIMA in other enviroment different to Eclipse

and run your examples? or I haven't seen some specification

where you explain other enviroments.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Bautista.

Sé el protagonista de GQ con Messenger y Vodafone Blackberry. ¡Y gana premios!
http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/messenger/vodafone.aspx

Re: UIMA Question

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Robert,

Yes, it is possible to use UIMA without Eclipse.

Many of our tools run from the command line.  You should be able to run
many of the examples from the command line.  For instance, there is a
windows command file and a linux shell version to launch the Document
Analyzer.  When that tool runs, it should let you specify one of the
example descriptors to run, and run it on some sample data.

Eclipse is a free download, so you might want to try it, as well.

If you have some specific questions, we can perhaps be of more help.

-Marshall