Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Srinivas Surapaneni <sr...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/21 11:35:09 UTC

Struts2 and Beehive

Is Beehive Pageflow also to be part of Struts2?

Is there any plan to support any of the functionality provided by Beehive
Pageflow in Struts2

I am interested in the following Functionality

In Beehive Pageflow, if we declare a variable in a class, the will be in
pageflow scope and it will live as long as the pageflow is active. We don't
have to clean up and put any values in session. That will be taken care of
by framework. In Struts2, I did not find a way in the core framework to
store values like drop down lists in an action scope/session scope. In some
case there are multiple drop downs and if the user chooses a value in the
1st dropdown, the lists in the 2nd drop down are populated based on the 1st
drop down

When the user submits a form and if the validation failed, we need to
populate the form values including the dropdown lists without reloading from
the database

Beehive Pageflow also has a concept of nested modules. Parent Child flow can
call the child pageflow and when the control is returned back from child
flow, parent pageflow is still in scope.

This is not related to Beehive

Is there any plan to support javascript frameworks like extjs as a plugin
and integrated like dojo

Thank You