Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dk...@firstam.com> on 2006/01/31 17:06:22 UTC

Valid When Question

Everyone,

I have a question regarding the Valid When.  I have 3 fields for phone
number (declared as phone1, phone2, phone3).  Now, the field as a whole
is not required, however, if a user enters in some data, I want to make
sure they enter in values for all 3.  So, on a validWhen I would want
the logic to be "its required when data is entered in either of the
other two fields".  Can someone give any advice into how I can declare
this in my validator XML file?  Thanks.

Daniel

Re: Valid When Question

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Maybe something like the following....

<field property="phone1" depends="validwhen">
   <var>
      <var-name>test</var-name>
      <var-value>((*this* != null) or ((phone2 == null) and (phone3 ==
null)))</var-value>
   </var>
</field>

<field property="phone2" depends="validwhen">
   <var>
      <var-name>test</var-name>
      <var-value>((*this* != null) or ((phone1 == null) and (phone3 ==
null)))</var-value>
   </var>
</field>

<field property="phone3" depends="validwhen">
   <var>
      <var-name>test</var-name>
      <var-value>((*this* != null) or ((phone1 == null) and (phone2 ==
null)))</var-value>
   </var>
</field>

Niall