Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net> on 2003/01/16 14:44:11 UTC

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Hi Troops,

	Hope all is well!

	Finally.. I've just checked the instrumentation client into
	tools/instrumentation, with a shell script to start it.

	To use it, ensure that 'enable-instrumentation' and
	'instrumentation-config' are set in your application's web.xml.

	The default instrumentation.xconf supplied with the webapp will
	automatically start up an altrmi connector on port 15555
	(default).

	The instrumentation client should be able to connect to this port once
	Cocoon is up and running running, and will list all available
	instrumentables, etc.

	If there's any problems, please let me know.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Marcus Crafter wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>	Just reporting back for anyone else watching this thread. Frank
>	and I have done some offline testing and everything seems to be
>	working now. The problem seemed to be in differing versions of
>	altrmi jars.

Very cool ! Instrumentation is really a nice feature.

>	Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)

You too.

Sylvain

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Bernhard,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:18:58PM +0100, Bernhard Huber wrote:

> yup, cool stuff, added runclient.bat

	Great, thanks for that mate. :)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
hi,

Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> 	Just reporting back for anyone else watching this thread. Frank
> 	and I have done some offline testing and everything seems to be
> 	working now. The problem seemed to be in differing versions of
> 	altrmi jars.
>

> 	Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)

yup, cool stuff, added runclient.bat
thx for the great stuff!

bernhard

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi All,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 04:03:00PM +0100, Frank Taffelt wrote:

> [...]

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi Frank,

	Thanks for the information mate. Can you please let me know what JDK
	version you are using with the instrumentation client, and with your
	servlet environment when running Cocoon ?

	Thanks, once I get your info, I'll see if I can reproduce the
	problem locally, and fix it.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 03:31:17PM +0100, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> i tried out the instrumention client. After making the the required changes
> in web.xml
> and restarting tomcat i get the following message from cocoon:
>
> [ERROR] Unexpected IOE in StreamServerConnection #1
> java.io.InvalidClassException:
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.OpenConnection
> Request; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID
> = -29042861
> 24933186290, local class serialVersionUID = 1773735791378198918
>         at
> java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:454)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:151
> 1)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1425)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1
> 616)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1264)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:322)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.SerializationHelper.getInstanceFro
> mBytes(SerializationHelper.java:94)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.SerializationHelper.getInstanceFro
> mBytes(SerializationHelper.java:71)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.
> readRequest(ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.java:84)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.
> writeReplyAndGetRequest(ServerCustomStreamReadWriter.java:46)
>         at
> org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.server.impl.StreamServerConnection.run(St
> reamServerConnection.java:91)
>

> the instrumentation client shows [Not Connected] after trying to establish a
> connection to localhost on port 15555. Any ideas ?
>
> Frank

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

Re: Instrumentation client in Cocoon CVS ?

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
Hi Markus,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)