Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com> on 2008/04/02 12:48:20 UTC

Continue parent build file if sub build.xml fails

Hi all,
I'm developing a test framework using Ant. The test framework consists
of web services and clients (clients are java applications NOT JUnit
tests). There are seperate build.xml files to compile and run each
client individually. I have a master build.xml file which calls the
build.xmls of each client via (ant antfile) command. Now my problem is,
if one of the clients fail (If build fails of sub directories), the
master build script also quits.
I tried with <java fork="true" failonerror="false"> with no luck.
Can someone please provide me a solution to overcome this issue?
(The master build.xml is attached here with)

Thank you very much!
Charitha

Re: Continue parent build file if sub build.xml fails

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Charitha Kankanamge wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm developing a test framework using Ant. The test framework consists
> of web services and clients (clients are java applications NOT JUnit
> tests). There are seperate build.xml files to compile and run each
> client individually. I have a master build.xml file which calls the
> build.xmls of each client via (ant antfile) command. Now my problem is,
> if one of the clients fail (If build fails of sub directories), the
> master build script also quits.
> I tried with <java fork="true" failonerror="false"> with no luck.
> Can someone please provide me a solution to overcome this issue?
> (The master build.xml is attached here with)

<subant>

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/