Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/09 21:45:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC4

Discussion thread for vote on Apache Airavata 0.8 release candidate 4.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release, please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide  - http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release before you vote:

* Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute tutorial as described in README and website.
* Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and build (which includes tests).
* Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is verifiable.
* Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,
Suresh
(On Behalf of Airavata PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airavata Release 0.8 - RC4

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 for moving JNLP for a new profile

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Saminda,

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Saminda,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Saminda,

The registry-tools pom error can be worked around, but I will rather prefer to spin a new RC. The apache-airavata-xbaya-gui-0.8-jnlp.tar.gz uncompressed fine on my mac and I was able to use the JNLP just fine as well. Can you double check the tart.gz on your machine? I will take care of the RELEASE_NOTES as well.

Suresh

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Did the following tests,

   - Signatures verified
   - verified LICENCE, NOTICE, INSTALL, RELEASE_NOTES and README in all
   distributions except xbaya-jnlp binaries

In Linux: tar.gz distributions of airavata standalone server and airavata
server webapps (tomcat 7.0.26)

   - 5/10 min tutorials
   - Airavata Client samples
   - Airavata API libs verified

In Windows: zip distributions of airavata standalone server

   - 5/10 min tutorials

Except for the issues mentioned in the previous two mails functionalities
are verified.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Suresh,