Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 10:06:40 UTC

[Java SDO, SCA and DAS] change of group id and artifact name for sdo api maven artifact

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1437 a few days back
with multiple components, touching DAS and SCA as well as SDO in order that
it was understood that there were impacts on all these components.

The groupId for the API artifact needs to change to
org.apache.tuscany.sdoand the artifact-id to
tuscany-sdo-api-r2.1. This change arose from feedback on the release
candidate.

The branch for the SDO 1.0 release already has this renaming in place, but
we need a coordinated effort in making this change in the trunk. A knock on
effect of the change is that the api jar name has an additional "tuscany-"
prefix on it, so scripts that set up classpaths might need to be changed.

The components on this JIRA have just been reset to SDO-Implem,  so it's
clear that I didn't communicate the cross component nature of the issue very
well through that JIRA.  In the body of the JIRA I asked people working in
the affected component areas to identify the places where this change
occurs.

Please feed back either in the JIRA or on this thread,  the places which are
likely to break if we don't coordinate this change,  and better still
provide a patch for that area so that i can apply all the changes
synchronously.

Kelvin.

Re: Group and artifact id for commonj Work and Timer APIs, was: [Java SDO, SCA and DAS] change of group id and artifact name for sdo api maven artifact

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Raymond Feng wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it different from
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-commonj_1.1_spec/1.0/?
>> If not, we can use the geronimo one and remove our own. Otherwise,
>> renaming the artifact id to tuscany-commonj-api sounds good to me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>>

> Good catch, it doesn't look very different, I'll try to see if we can
> just use it.

Under revision r562626 I have ported the tuscany-core module to the
commonj-api from Geronimo, which was almost identical to the Tuscany
commonj-api (the schedule methods were just throwing
IllegalArgumentExceptions instead of WorkExceptions).

Since it's not used anymore, if there is no objection I'd like to move
sca/modules/commonj-api to sandbox/contrib out of the main build,
planning to do this end of day on Monday.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Re: [Java SDO, SCA and DAS] change of group id and artifact name for sdo api maven artifact

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [Java SDO, SCA and DAS] change of group id and artifact name for sdo api maven artifact

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
missed the dev list CC...

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.