Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2022/01/29 19:51:40 UTC

Strange surefire problem using wrong Java version

Hello,

though I've configured my project to use JDK 1.8, surefire outputs
syntax errors about module-info.java, which does even not exist:

Jan 29, 2022 8:29:36 PM
org.netbeans.modules.settings.RecognizeInstanceObjects$MSL <clinit>
WARNUNG: Not listening on module system
Jan 29, 2022 8:29:36 PM org.netbeans.modules.masterfs.watcher.Watcher
getNotifierForPlatform
INFORMATION: Native file watcher is disabled
Jan 29, 2022 8:29:36 PM
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater$RootsWork
getDone
INFORMATION: Resolving dependencies took: 18 ms
Jan 29, 2022 8:29:36 PM
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater$AbstractRootsWork
scanBinaries
INFORMATION: Complete indexing of 0 binary roots took: 1 ms
Jan 29, 2022 8:29:36 PM
org.netbeans.modules.parsing.impl.indexing.RepositoryUpdater$AbstractRootsWork
scanSources
INFORMATION: Complete indexing of 0 source roots took: 0 ms (New or
modified files: 0, Deleted files: 0) [Adding listeners took: 0 ms]
/module-info.java:1: error: class, interface, or enum expected
module java.base {
^
/module-info.java:3: error: class, interface, or enum expected
     exports java.applet;
     ^
/module-info.java:4: error: class, interface, or enum expected
     exports java.util.spi;
     ^
/module-info.java:5: error: class, interface, or enum expected
     exports java.text.spi;
     ^
/module-info.java:6: error: class, interface, or enum expected
     exports java.awt.image;
[...]

I've already tried to fix the problem by adding
"<jvm>/usr/lib64/jvm/java-8-openjdk/jre/bin/java</jvm>" to the
configuration element, but that doesn't work either. The project is of
"NetBeans Module" type. If surefire needs its own Java version
configuration, this should be done automatically (as long as I'm using
the "Project properties" dialog), so it may be a bug.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Peter

Re: Strange surefire problem using wrong Java version

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
Thank You for the advice! In fact, I even remember of some rare cases
where I had issues with filehistory, but that's been some time ago
already ...

After thinking about why caching could cause the surefire problem, I
realized that copying a project's directory within NetBeans might lead
to indexing and history confusion, so I looked at my projects popup menu
and found "Reload POM" - this worked sufficiently, as it needs to
refresh indexing and filehistory for pom.xml, so in my case it's even
not been necessary to move or delete the whole cache. :)

Kind regards
Peter